// Development Coordinator
Fullness of Truth Catholic Evangelization Ministries
This key position will assist with planning and implementation of fundraising programs to enable the organization to meet its mission in deepening and enriching the faith of Catholics and non-Catholics. Fundraising efforts include multi-city conferences and benefit dinners, aid with development and one-time and recurring-giving programs, and assist with donor communications and stewardship. Support maintenance of donor database and use of records for fundraising or other communications. The best part of all is that you will grow in your faith while working in a Catholic ministry that is dedicated to bringing souls to Jesus Christ.
- Assist with strategy for solicitation of gifts and fundraising events
- Support solicitation of major gifts, facilitating positive relationships with donors, continued communications, and stewardship.
- Aid with recurring giving programs including "Circle of Mary," foundation giving, planned giving, and one-time giving.
- Onsite participation at conferences, events, and benefit dinners, providing one-on-one access to attendees to communicate giving opportunities, volunteer opportunities, or other means of supporting the mission of the organization.
- Collaborate on development, implementation, and tracking of various campaigns, which may include Lent/Easter appeals, Thanksgiving/Christmas appeal, "Giving Tuesday," an annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives, and any other appeals deemed appropriate to meeting the organization's fundraising goals.
- Maintain NEON Customer Relations Management database system, including data entry of all fundraising monies received, and effectively utilizing the data base for parish captain mining, fundraising cultivation, follow ups due to inactivity, credit card issues, and to increase giving among active donors.
- Under guidance of Development Director, research, cultivate, and solicit conference sponsorships through local business partnerships and advertising prior to each conference.
- Assist with maintaining donor relations table and gifts for "Circle of Mary" donors at all conferences. Follow up as necessary with thank you notes, emails, gifts, recognition, and letters. Assist with speaker receptions, dinners, and other means to cultivate past, present, and future gifts.
- Close collaboration with Director of Development, Development Committee and Executive Director regarding all fundraising activities, data, statistics, goals, and past, present, and future development activities and strategies.
- Assist Director of Development in meetings with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications and relations.
- Aid with grants including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Support Director of Development in developing and implementing planned giving program with a focus of deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies. Potential to be reaching out to estate attorney(s), CPA's, and financial planners to assist with our planned giving program.
- Aid Director of Development with capital campaigns and other major fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with coordination all fundraising special events including annual galas, benefit dinners, and speaker's receptions.
- Support prospect research and cultivation.
- Aid in creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Under the direction of the Director of Development, work with the Communications Coordinator to create content for an effective social media presence to support fundraising.
- Assist in discussions regarding annual budget and fundraising goals.
- Provide back-up support for incoming phone calls, primarily answering conference-attendee questions.
- Demonstrate a professional and Catholic ethical conduct at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assist in oversight of volunteers for fundraising-specific events, including assignments, communications, training, and follow-up stewardship.
Outstanding writing and speaking skills with comfort in communicating or presenting one-on-one or to groups at major conferences or events. Professionalism, finesse, and poise in managing relationships with donors and friends of the organization. Ability to multi-task with a high-level of attention to detail. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate on the phone, in person, or electronically. Strong collaborative skills with colleagues.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree; 2-3 years of development work including stewardship of donors, or similar work experience.
Knowledge and skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Comfort and professionalism in presenting one-on-one or to large groups at events.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Neon event software a plus.
To successfully perform the responsibilities of this position, employees must be able to lift boxes which may exceed 20 lbs., set up conference donor information areas which may requiring moving furniture, chairs, tables, lifting, sitting, standing, extensive walking.
Fast paced, busy work environment requiring multi-tasking skills and collaborative communications and teamwork with colleagues. Offsite meetings or visits with donors or vendors requiring use of personal automobile.
Full time; standard office hours Monday through Friday plus onsite responsibilities at events which typically occur in evenings and/or weekend. Travel to conferences and fundraising sites required.
About the Employer
Fullness of Truth is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with a unique mission to bring the irresistible Truth of the Catholic faith to as many souls as possible. Since 2001, this mission has been filled by hosting conferences across twelve dioceses in Texas and Louisiana. We have welcomed tens of thousands of Catholics and non-Catholics to our conferences over our 22-year history.